Reflection as We Near the End

As I recently submitted my course evaluation and as we near the end, I wanted to spend some time reflecting on this semester and this course. This course could not have come at a better time. As we continue to move forward in remote work and increased online learning, this class has increased my knowledge of learning platforms and Web 2.0 tools immensely. Not only do I know more tools, but I understand the intentionality in when to use them. Dr. Dennen has been such a bright light in this semester and beautifully modeled the grace we need to provide students and to ourselves. It is hard to balance everything in the middle of everything 2020 has dealt, but a major takeaway I have learned from this semester is how critical it is to communicate when life is heavy and when to ask for support. This online classroom community Dr. Dennen has built and we all contributed too has given me hope for my remote teaching and learning this fall. It is also immensely useful that all of our class assignments were able to relate back to my work, my teaching, and my research - that was an unexpected bonus! Even if it takes more intentionality and time, I know that community can be developed online. I also now know how well online courses can be developed and facilitated, so it is safe to safe my expectations are immensely higher as we move forward to fall semester. Even though I could keep going on, I am so thankful for all this course has taught me. I learn in every class at the graduate level, but it is rare to also get to learn about yourself and your values at the same time you are learning content. This class beautifully allowed me to do both every week. I am eager to finish this semester strong with you all. Cheers!

Comments

  1. I feel the same way! I do not think that social media tools are given a critical eye as often as they should be. I think that many people passively accept them for what they are and do not think about the consequences of using and sharing information on them. After taking EME6414, I see the benefits of using Web 2.0 tools in an educational setting but I also understand that there are cautions that need to be taken with them as well. Good luck with the rest of the class and with teaching online in the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Three Tools That Are Here To Stay!

To Blog or Not to Blog? Moving Forward.

Microsoft Teams vs. Slack