Ten Themes from my Final Assignment

I submitted my final assignment earlier this week and wanted to compile ten themes, learning moments, and reflections from that assignment to this space as a "bookend" of sorts:

1. Remote work is less isolating and difficult when you are aware of online platforms and tools that can keep you connected in many ways.

2. This class made me realize my need, urgency, and desire to expand my personal learning network within my discipline.

3. My personal learning network started haphazardly but become more refined from my time working in The Career Center and more intentional from this course. 

4. I have learned from so many wise humans in my life who have informed my personal learning network and engagement online.

5. It is okay to be hesitant of context collapse in forming your network, but use that as a sign to be more intentional in your curation - not hinder you from engaging! 

6. Our professional networks are not just the people who shares similar job titles to ours! Learn from people you know in all disciplines and think about how it informs your work!

7. I don't necessarily want to have "more" of an online presence in more spaces, but rather be more engaging in the spaces I am already existing in. 

8. I spend a lot of time lurking and listening on these platforms and challenge myself to contribute more!

9. Be intentional and stay intentional - give your platforms functional priorities in how they can cultivate our network uniquely!

10. KEEP GOING! There is so much to learn and so many people to engage with after our time together ends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Three Tools That Are Here To Stay!

To Blog or Not to Blog? Moving Forward.

Microsoft Teams vs. Slack